Friday, July 24, 2015

Think about Buddhism

Think about Buddhism

I was born and raised in Japan. Majority of poeple in Japan is Buddhists… technically. I have to say technically, because not too many people practice, or even know what Buddhism is… including myself of course.

It’s ashame, when I noticed how little I knew about Buddhism. I don’t consider myself that I’m religious, like many others in Japan. I don’t know if I consider myself a Buddhist first of all. But it’s still ashame that I don’t know a quite much about the religion that the culture of the country I was born in was formed based on.

I’m not trying to ask a help from believing Buddhism. I don’t think I can change my mind completely religious believing Buddha. I only want to learn Buddhism to appreciate what it is and what kind of culture I grew up in based on Buddhism. Well, at the end, maybe I can find something, some spiritual belief that I can hang on to. That, certainly I won’t mind.

I always want to be selective. After I understand matters. Religions, I’m not caught up in Buddhism. I want to appreciate Christianity or all other religions. I just want to know correctly, and be selective, what’s good, bad, or not sure.

I read a book written by Akira Ikegami. Well known journalist in Japan. Very introductory book. Not quite advanced. He’s not even a religion researcher. He’s a journalist. But I wanted to start somewhere easy. He’s a famous guy, and the book had a good review… so I picked it haha.

Let’s start going over this book, and I want to share my thoughts.

Satoshi Kajiyama


No comments:

Post a Comment